Vacancy: Senior Business Analyst
Mundipharma IT Services was formed on 1st January 2012 and provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The independent associated companies are a global network of private international businesses that have been owned by the Sackler family since 1952. Mundipharma IT Services is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables us to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for our people, whilst being dedicated to supporting our customers to make a difference to patient’s lives.
Mundipharma IT Services works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The global CIO is accountable for the IT delivery in all locations and our continued evolution into a one-team service.
Whilst the independent IT Company was only formed in 2012, a large number of our employees have previously worked in one of our Independent Associated Companies around the globe. This means that we have a culture that has been formed over years of having been part of a Pharmaceutical network of Companies whose aims are to improve patients’ lives. We have our core values and put as strong an importance in our recruitment and development processes on these values as on the technical competence we are also looking for to strengthen our team.
We support the Mundipharma network of Companies across four Regions: USA, Canada, LAM (Latin America, Asia Pacific and MENA) and Europe as well as pan-Regional R&D and global Technical Operations (Supply Chain). Our main point of contact with each of these is through a local Director of IT, who is accountable to the business for their IT operations.
We achieve success as a global IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Investigating and documenting business functions, processes and information flows and data structures using various methodical and consistent techniques.
- Work with the business to understand and document processes required to deliver the business function.
- Investigate operational issues, problems and new opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes/procedures, organisation and equipment.
- Work with Applications and Infrastructure to create technical specifications from the functional specs.
- Work with the systems integrators to deliver solutions
- Work with testing and the business to ensure system meets the business needs
- Involved in the Supervision and direction of third party service providers
- Convert Business requirements into functional design specifications.
- Assists in the analysis of the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration.
- Provide support to the business partners with regards to capturing high level requirements as part of the Single Portfolio Management (SPM) process.
- Specify information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements.
- Analysing and documenting requirements
- Accountable for consistency between systems in a business area and across the company.
- Supporting related projects and service activities and deliverables.
- Building and maintaining relationships within the business.
- Use of analytical tools and methods for process review, data analysis, business requirements gathering and reporting recommendations.
- Analysis of information gathered to establish feasibility and business impact of initiatives at a strategic and tactical level.
- Familiarity with key business systems and processes.
- Understand the principal business and economic drivers and changes within the business functions and seek to improve company performance through the exploitation of IT.
- Develop familiarity with the contribution of appropriate IT systems and services within the business.
- Participate in the systems identification, justification and budgeting process.
- Action and communicate any information or knowledge about the business to assist in a successful project implementation.
- Ensure that all analysis tasks are documented and the project focus is maintained in accordance with the user requirements. Where necessary, advise users and facilitate user expectations.
- Contribute to the planning of testing and implementation of proposed solutions including documenting new capabilities, setting key performance measures and agreeing post-implementation activity.
- Monitor and co-ordinate own project activities.
- Review and recommend systems retirement and transfer to standard IT facilities.
- Work with project stakeholders to:
- Identify capabilities, issues and challenges
- Map existing processes
- Recommend and agree changes and designs that meet business needs and strategic objectives and identify future business requirements
- Create business cases (including financial evaluations) and scoping documents to enable strategic decisions to be made.
- Familiarity with the concepts of process definition and methods for helping the business adapt to organisational change.
- Provide process analysis and advice to MITS in its delivery of IT services to the business.
- Operate as business liaison on projects and where allocated to specific departments or groups, understand business drivers, critical systems, processes and requirements for IT services.
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
Within the IT team, key relationships will be with the:
Head of Enterprise Architecture
Head of BI and Innovation
Head of Application Delivery
Project and Portfolio Manager
Head of Project Management Services
Within the Technical Operations team, key relationships will be with the:
Head of Supply Chain
Head of European Manufacturing
Candidate Profile Requirements
- Right to work in the UK
- Current passport and willingness and able to travel globally
- ITIL Foundation
- An awareness of Pharmaceutical Standards such as GxP, GAMP, GCP and ABPI
Skills and experience
- Experience within a Supply Chain environment, giving understanding of the processes required to enable business effectiveness
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills.
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise in delivering quality and easily understood documentation.
- Change management; proven expertise in applying change management methodologies & tools to successfully deliver and embed changes in the business, understanding barriers to success and advising on how to navigate and manage them.
- Business analysis; proven expertise in the use of business analysis methods & tools to develop clear, concise functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Value realisation; understand where the value realisation points are in process re-design in order to contribute to building robust business cases that clearly define the benefits to be delivered by an investment in IT and then measure benefit realization post implementation and embedding.
- Autonomous working; a track record of working at our own initiative, with limited oversight and input, to deliver expected outcomes that are well aligned with strategic goals.
- Continuously improving self; demonstrate a strong commitment to self-learning and improvement and a commitment to pass experience and learnings to others.
- Relationship Building: Proven ability to build and maintain credible partnerships with stakeholders and become established as trusted and respected IT advisor.
IT Knowledge and Technical Expertise:
- Familiarity and understanding of technical strategies and a broad understanding of IT capabilities.
- Have knowledge of key business collaboration tools and have the ability to deliver appropriate development projects and changes.
- Identify and maintain a network of external resources and expertise to enhance internal IT services.
- Maintain and develop personal awareness in the strategic direction of key IT suppliers in the vertical markets serving the business area.
- Gain familiarity with and adhere to, the quality principles of GxP and GAMP.
- Participate with the periodic inspections and reviews by the IT Quality team.
- Analytical Thinking – Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
- Information Acquisition – Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
- Commercial Orientation – Keeping commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Attention to Detail – Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.