Vacancy: Application Analyst
Mundipharma IT Services was formed on 1st January 2012 and provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The independent associated companies are a global network of private international businesses that have been owned by the Sackler family since 1952. Mundipharma IT Services is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables us to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for our people, whilst being dedicated to supporting our customers to make a difference to patient’s lives.
Mundipharma IT Services works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The Global CIO is accountable for the IT delivery of all teams and our continued evolution into a one-team service.
Whilst the independent IT Company was only formed in 2012, a large number of our employees have previously worked in one of our Independent Associated Companies around the globe. This means that we have a culture that has been formed over years of having been part of a Pharmaceutical network of Companies whose aims are to improve patients’ lives. We have our core values and put as strong an importance in our recruitment and development processes on these values as on the technical competence we are also looking for to strengthen our team.
We support Purdue / Mundipharma businesses across four Regions: USA, Canada, LAM (Latin America, Asia Pacific and MENA) and Europe as well as pan-Regional R&D and global Technical Operations (Supply Chain). Our main point of contact with each of these is through a local Head of IT, who is accountable to the business for their IT operations.
We achieve success as a global IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
Purdue Pharma L.P.
For our teams based in the USA, the role holders will by employed by Purdue Pharma and based within the Purdue offices in Stamford, Connecticut or in North Carolina.
Founded in 1892 by Doctors John Purdue Gray and George Frederick Bingham as the Purdue Frederick Company, Purdue Pharma L.P. is one of the Companies in the network of IACs receiving IT services from Mundipharma IT Services. With a long tradition of excellence in the area of pain management, the company has approximately $2 billion in sales annually and employs over 1,700 people.
Purdue Pharma is a pioneer in research, products, and medications for alleviating pain, a principal cause of human suffering. The company’s mission is to advance medical care with quality pharmaceutical products in order to improve people’s lives in meaningful ways and meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. In addition to ground-breaking work in pain management, Purdue Pharma is also an industry leader in pain medication research and abuse-deterrent technology. In August 2016, Purdue Pharma became the newest member of the National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC), joining other industry leading research based pharmaceutical companies from across the US.
Now, in the changing landscape of healthcare, Purdue Pharma continues to strive for excellence by doing what is right and developing effective medicines that can change the world.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Installs or removes hardware and/or software, and associated connections, using supplied installation instructions and tools and documents results in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Configures the hardware/software environment, produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records the details of any failures.
- Carries out integration between multiple systems within the organisation / vendor hosted/public cloud.
- Produces detailed designs including for example: physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes, and backup, recovery and restart procedures.
- Contributes to system maintenance/lifecycle plans in the role of SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Carries out basic database maintenance and administration tasks as part of a system integration/installation.
- Produce and maintain procedures and documentation for application support.
- Provides assistance to L1/2/3 in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation.
- Follow GAMP (Good Automated Manufacturing Practice) where appropriate
- To work on personal objectives as tracked by the PDR process
Other duties as applicable and including:
- To work on personal objectives as tracked by the PDR process
- To accurately report on task status and time spent in accordance with the resource scheduling activities.
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
- Employees within the network of the Independent Associated Companies throughout the globe.
- IT members in the business partner team
- Key members of the Office of the CTO including:
- Application Architect
- Quality and Compliance
- Head of Application Delivery
- Project managers
- Service Desk management
- Various vendors and service providers
Candidate Profile Requirements
- Has experience within an integration role previously
- A broad knowledge and experience of Microsoft server and desktop operating systems.
- Experience integrating technologies such as: Windows Server, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Oracle, SQL Server, and Java.
- Understanding of ITIL Service Design and Service Transition.
- Knowledge of TSQL.
- Knowledge and use of source code control (gitlab, TFS).
- Knowledge of at least one web server technology e.g. IIS, Apache, JBOSS.
- Familiarity of at least one scripting language e.g. PowerShell, bash.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn and utilize new technologies as necessary.
- Experience with the following technologies preferred:
- Continia (or similar document capture technologies)
Skills and experience
- Consultative approach, comfortable in being an advisor to MITS and RoW colleagues, building confidence and trust through expert knowledge.
- Is open, honest and approachable – offers up their time to help and work with others, building trust and respect.
- Excellent personal organisational skill.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Shows emotional intelligence.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Enjoy highly technical, hands-on work.
- Ability to act calmly and competently in high pressure and high stress situations.
- Strong capability to work with and in teams, collaborating and networking internally and externally.
- Prepared to give this global role the time and overseas travel commitment it requires.