Vacancy: Financial Systems Analyst
Mundipharma IT Services was formed on 1st January 2012 and provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The independent associated companies are a global network of private international businesses that have been owned by the Sackler family since 1952. Mundipharma IT Services is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables us to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for our people, whilst being dedicated to supporting our customers to make a difference to patient’s lives.
Mundipharma IT Services works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The global CIO is accountable for the IT delivery in all locations and our continued evolution into a one-team service.
Whilst the independent IT Company was only formed in 2012, a large number of our employees have previously worked in one of our Independent Associated Companies around the globe. This means that we have a culture that has been formed over years of having been part of a Pharmaceutical network of Companies whose aims are to improve patients’ lives. We have our core values and put as strong an importance in our recruitment and development processes on these values as on the technical competence we are also looking for to strengthen our team.
We support the Mundipharma network of Companies across four Regions: USA, Canada, LAM (Latin America, Asia Pacific and MENA) and Europe as well as pan-Regional R&D and global Technical Operations (Supply Chain). Our main point of contact with each of these is through a local Director of IT, who is accountable to the business for their IT operations.
We achieve success as a global IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- For Dynamics NAV technical platform, participate in solution design, system configuration, testing, implementation and support, ensuring that client requirements are successfully implemented
- Involved in the end to end implementation of Dynamics NAV or Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Implement workflows, build/support interfaces and integrations, educate co-workers and assist with other development priorities as required
- With end-to-end integration, administration of all financial tasks such as creating and maintaining a general ledger; managing analytical accounting, inventory, cash flow, manufacturing costs, bank accounts, and fixed assets; as well as posting transactions; preparing financial statements; and reconciling accounts and collections across multiple companies, locations, and currencies.
- Participate in client meetings to gather business requirements and map to the solution
- Perform gap analysis from requirements gathered to solution proposed
- Complete design/configuration of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions and key third party products
- Complete project documentation such as: Functional Requirements Document, Customization Specifications, User Acceptance Test Scripts, and End User Training Documentation
- Build integrations to perform data conversion tasks and additional integrations based off requirements
- Participate in all tasks relating to feature testing, solution testing, and user acceptance testing
- Perform end user training for clients in a one on one, webinar and classroom style settings
- Provide application support for clients
- Assist with escalation support for help desk
- Design/create financial statements with Power BI and other financial reporting tools
- Exemplify professional, clear, timely communication in all interactions to include follow-ups where possible
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
- Business Partners
- Finance Heads in the business
- Finance Directors in the business
- IT Heads
- IT Directors
Candidate Profile Requirements
- Right to work in the UK
Skills and experience
- Extensive Dynamics NAV consultancy experience
- Experience of working on full life cycle implementations across multiple versions of Dynamics NAV.
- Experience with software development, specifically around Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013/2015/2016/2018 required
- Proficient with deploying, developing, customizing and integrating Microsoft Dynamics NAV/365 Business Central
- Experience with Dynamics NAV / 3rd party plug-ins, especially with country-specific financial solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in installing and deploying Dynamics NAV/ 365 Business Central Organizations
- Demonstrated proficiency in customizing and creating Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central entities
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and implementing business work-flows and processes
- Familiar with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- MS SQL Server knowledge desired
- Experience with installation of software including some hardware knowledge
- Ability to create high quality functional documentation and strong requirements gathering skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills