Vacancy: Finance Systems Analyst (Tagetik)
This role has primary responsibility for development, support and administration of the Tagetik Enterprise Financial Reporting system. Working with financial leaders across the global network of independent associated companies (IAC) to deliver enhanced analytics and insight to financial data and support the month end close processing and corporate accounting reporting. This role will be responsible for working with our ERP solution owners and our Business Intelligence team to provide strategic solutions to support our various customers.
Mundipharma IT Services Limited in the UK works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The global CIO, based in this Company, is accountable for the IT delivery of all teams and our continued evolution into a one-team service which operates under the title of mp-IT with a vision of enabling Technology to improve patients’ lives. With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
We achieve success as mp-IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion within the Tagetik environment
- Provide support for the Tagetik and ETL system activities related to the monthly close process, including administration of the activities
- Ownership and update of data documentation and maintenance procedure.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential financial data and information according to guidelines.
- Analyzing business needs to develop requirements, functional and technical designs
- Developing financial reports and variance analysis.
- Generating & building reports from single or multiple systems.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalisation.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing support on maintenance of data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
- Head of Application Management, mp-IT
- Director of Central Application Services, mp-IT
- Local Directors of Finance, Multiple IACs
- Financial Systems Leads
- Infrastructure Servers and Storage Team
- Business Intelligence ETL Team
Candidate Profile Requirements
- Degree educated within business systems & exposure to finance reporting
- Part qualified / qualified accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or other)
- Awareness of common IT Service Management frameworks such as ITIL
- A varied IT related background is desirable showing experience working with technology and with customers at all levels
- Task oriented and results driven
- Right to work in UK
- Current passport, willing and able to travel globally
Skills and experience
- Experience working with diverse finance systems, appreciates the flow of data from source to reports
- Experience supporting organizational close processes.
- Ability to understand complex requirements and needs and present them back to senior leaders / non-finance team members in a simplified way that can be understood.
- Awareness of accounting and corporate financial principles (balance sheet, ledger, expense allocation, etc…)
- Highly analytical with excellent communication skills and a strong operational and commercial focus
- Experience in financial systems implementation projects / programs
- Experience of maintaining / administrating Tagetik,
- Experience in lifecycle management of on premise financial reporting software.
- Experience working in a matrix and cross-functional environment,
- Experience working with master data, understands ETL concepts
- Experience in troubleshooting both data and system issues, including restoring system outages.
- Ability to work with volumes of data, proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, manage multiple issues, identify and communicate risks
- Maintain high level of trust and integrity under strict confidentiality,
- Excellent Project working skills and experience.