Vacancy: Data and Application Analyst / Architect
Mundipharma IT Services was formed on 1st January 2012 and provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The independent associated companies are a global network of private international businesses that have been owned by the Sackler family since 1952. Mundipharma IT Services is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables us to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for our people, whilst being dedicated to supporting our customers to make a difference to patient’s lives.
Mundipharma IT Services works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The Global CIO is accountable for the IT delivery of all teams and our continued evolution into a one-team service.
Whilst the independent IT Company was only formed in 2012, a large number of our employees have previously worked in one of our Independent Associated Companies around the globe. This means that we have a culture that has been formed over years of having been part of a Pharmaceutical network of Companies whose aims are to improve patients’ lives. We have our core values and put as strong an importance in our recruitment and development processes on these values as on the technical competence we are also looking for to strengthen our team.
We support Purdue / Mundipharma businesses across four Regions: USA, Canada, LAM (Latin America, Asia Pacific and MENA) and Europe as well as pan-Regional R&D and Technical Operations (Supply Chain). Our main point of contact with each of these is through a local Head of IT, who is accountable to the business for their IT operations.
We achieve success as a global IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
This role will be based in Cambridge, UK and report to the Head of Enterprise Architecture, IT Security and Risk.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Apply a structured approach and methodology to designing the Application and Data Architecture as part of the IT Services, capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Develop and implement under the guidance of the Head of Enterprise Architecture, IT Security and Risk common standards and methods for designing, integrating, and aggregating Application
- Support and facilitate reference architectures, roadmaps and the transition from the current architecture to target future state architecture.
- Stay in contact with key vendors to scan their respective roadmaps for relevant developments for the business.
- Identify and mandate standards and frameworks for the Applications used in Global IT.
- Guides and informs the overall business decision making around Applications.
- To be successful in this role, it is imperative that this role builds excellent working relationships with the Solutions Architects and ITLT.
- Acting as a resource across the IACs to increase broad cohesion for the Global IT Strategy, Priorities and Plan.
- Awareness of the regulatory requirements within the IACs that may have an impact on the IT Services and their architecture.
- Ensure you operate in accordance with the Quality Management System (QMS) and, where necessary, in accordance with the requirements of GxP.
- Undertake projects, either directly or within the team, according to the methodologies set out by the Portfolio Management Office.
- Help build strategies for the development of the current IT Services that ensure cost efficiency and operational effectiveness in line with the overall business strategy as well
- To be aware of data residency landscape and understand changes to the changing political landscape with regards to data privacy.
- Represent Architecture to the IT Leadership Team and inform and influence strategic decision making accordingly.
- Key advisor to the CTO, maintaining awareness of developments in the industry.
- As member of the Office of the CTO, assume collective accountability for the performance of the function. Act as a role model for our values and behaviors.
- To be a willing, productive and co-operative member of the Office of the CTO.
- Other duties to be developed further in consultation with the Head of Enterprise Architecture, IT Security and Risk
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any leadership role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
- Solutions Architects
- Technology Area Leads
- IT Business Partners
- Subject Matter Experts
Candidate Profile Requirements
- Master’s or University degree in Information Technology or in a related field;
- Demonstrate previous technical capability with industry recognised qualifications.
- A varied IT related background is desirable showing experience working with technology in multi data center enterprise environments with branch office deployments.
- IT: Advanced knowledge and practical experience in MS –Office and Outlook.
- COBIT and TOGAF qualified or equivalent experience is desirable
- Right to work in the UK
- Current driving license in the UK
- Current passport and able to travel globally
Skills and experience
- Operates at the global level with cultural awareness.
- Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade.
- A broad and mature understanding of all aspects of IT.
- Possesses a range of management and leadership skills.
- Influence on IT strategy and Technology Area Lead roadmaps.
- Able to apply a wide range of data, process expertise and management principles.
- Establishes objectives for their work, able to delegate responsibility.
- Accountable for their own actions and those of subordinates.
- Coaching and mentoring of direct reports and/or other members of the team