Vacancy: Collaboration Lead
Mundipharma IT Services was formed on 1st January 2012 and provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The independent associated companies are a global network of private international businesses that have been owned by the Sackler family since 1952. Mundipharma IT Services is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables us to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for our people, whilst being dedicated to supporting our customers to make a difference to patient’s lives.
Mundipharma IT Services works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The Global CIO is accountable for the IT delivery of all teams and our continued evolution into a one-team service.
Whilst the independent IT Company was only formed in 2012, a large number of our employees have previously worked in one of our Independent Associated Companies around the globe. This means that we have a culture that has been formed over years of having been part of a Pharmaceutical network of Companies whose aims are to improve patients’ lives. We have our core values and put as strong an importance in our recruitment and development processes on these values as on the technical competence we are also looking for to strengthen our team.
We support Purdue / Mundipharma businesses across four Regions: USA, Canada, LAM (Latin America, Asia Pacific and MENA) and Europe as well as pan-Regional R&D and global Technical Operations (Supply Chain). Our main point of contact with each of these is through a local Head of IT, who is accountable to the business for their IT operations.
We achieve success as a global IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
Purdue Pharma L.P.
For our teams based in the USA, the role holders will by employed by Purdue Pharma and based within the Purdue offices in Stamford, Connecticut or in North Carolina.
Founded in 1892 by Doctors John Purdue Gray and George Frederick Bingham as the Purdue Frederick Company, Purdue Pharma L.P. is one of the Companies in the network of IACs receiving IT services from Mundipharma IT Services. With a long tradition of excellence in the area of pain management, the company has approximately $2 billion in sales annually and employs over 1,700 people.
Purdue Pharma is a pioneer in research, products, and medications for alleviating pain, a principal cause of human suffering. The company’s mission is to advance medical care with quality pharmaceutical products in order to improve people’s lives in meaningful ways and meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. In addition to ground-breaking work in pain management, Purdue Pharma is also an industry leader in pain medication research and abuse-deterrent technology. In August 2016, Purdue Pharma became the newest member of the National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC), joining other industry leading research based pharmaceutical companies from across the US.
Now, in the changing landscape of healthcare, Purdue Pharma continues to strive for excellence by doing what is right and developing effective medicines that can change the world.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Understand the strategy and implementation of a global IT organization, which delivers a customer–centric, business-led and value-driven IT service
- Delivery of all client facing collaboration solutions, ensuring that SLAs are met in the most cost-efficient method.
- Responsibility for ensuring that performance of the client facing systems is continuously monitored, measured and reviewed to prevent future issues.
- Work closely with the Client Services team to monitor issues, provide assistance and feedback to enhance the customers experience
- To participate as a priority in the recovery and restoration of systems as required by management teams in the event of serious disruptions to critical services (Major Incidents and Problems).
- Accountability for implementing and monitoring improvement / changes and seeking feedback.
- Understand the various business needs and strategies to deliver a client facing collaboration strategy that meets these requirements.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure that new IT services are implemented in accordance with established processes.
- Participate in the creation high and low level designs and resource estimations in support of business candidate scoping
- Reporting progress and status regularly and clearly to project managers, line manager and other relevant stakeholders.
- Accountable for the delivery of client facing systems projects on time and in budget
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in areas of technical or functional expertise
- Contribute to Continual Service Improvement as required by project and SME responsibilities
- To assist in the analysis of the use of IT resources and the production of capacity plans as required by project and SME responsibilities
- Collaborate with other IT teams globally.
- Display familiarity and adhere to the quality principles of GxP and GAMP. To understand its applicability in the environment.
- Ensure that all tasks are documented and project focus maintained in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Participate in the periodic inspections and reviews by the compliances teams.
- Be familiar with the established ITIL Process.
- Be familiar with other relevant departmental SOPs as required by the company’s compliance team.
- Develop and deliver life cycle management plans for their respective responsibilities
- To be instrumental in the production of procedural and technical documentation for use by Global IT and application users.
- As this is a global role, accountable for client systems operations on a 24/7 basis
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
- ICS Core Services Tower Leads
- Delivery Managers in the Client Services team
- Line Manager
- IT Relationship Managers
Candidate Profile Requirements
- Right to work in the UK
- Current Passport: willing and able to travel globally
- Broad knowledge and experience of Microsoft Enterprise technologies
- Experience and knowledge of Office 365 Services (OneDrive, Teams, Exchange, SharePoint)
- Experience in implementation of Active Directory, Exchange, SCOM, SCCM, SharePoint
- Experience of enterprise services such as (but not limited to) DNS, DHCP, DFS, IAS.
- General understanding of real time communication technologies (Video Conferencing, VoIP, Web Conferencing)
- Practical experience of the setup and maintenance of infrastructure in small branch offices
- Appreciation of ITIL Service Design and Service Transition
Skills and experience
- Is open, honest and approachable – offers up their time to help and work with others, building trust and respect;
- Shows a passion for new technologies and driving solutions to completion.
- Consultative approach, comfortable in being an advisor to the Global IT and RoW colleagues, building confidence and trust through expert knowledge.
- Ability to act calmly and competently in high pressure and high stress situations
- Ability to adopt and adapt to new work styles with the implementation of new and transformative technologies and processes
- Strong willingness and capability to collaborate and share knowledge within the global team and with other teams both internally and externally.
- Significant and relevant technical experience in client facing systems roles, including working with technology in multi-location enterprise environments with branch office deployments
- Strong capability to work independently, to be self-motivated and good at handling multiple task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent personal organizational skill
- Clear understanding of the commitment needs a 24/7 global organization requires and willingness to meet those needs
- Experience working with third party services providers, leveraging and managing offshore resources.
- Awareness of common information management frameworks such as ISO 27001, ITIL and COBIT
- Shows emotional intelligence
- Experience managing major incidents
- Relationships with suppliers across the client facing systems industry
- Effective communicator, in writing and face to face: able to adapt messages to deliver required results in a multi-cultural, global context