Vacancy: Business Intelligence Analyst
Mundipharma IT Services was formed on 1st January 2012 and provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The independent associated companies are a global network of private international businesses that have been owned by the Sackler family since 1952. Mundipharma IT Services is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables us to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for our people, whilst being dedicated to supporting our customers to make a difference to patient’s lives.
Mundipharma IT Services works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The Global CIO is accountable for the IT delivery of all teams and our continued evolution into a one-team service.
Whilst the independent IT Company was only formed in 2012, a large number of our employees have previously worked in one of our Independent Associated Companies around the globe. This means that we have a culture that has been formed over years of having been part of a Pharmaceutical network of Companies whose aims are to improve patients’ lives. We have our core values and put as strong an importance in our recruitment and development processes on these values as on the technical competence we are also looking for to strengthen our team.
We support Purdue / Mundipharma businesses across four Regions: USA, Canada, LAM (Latin America, Asia Pacific and MENA) and Europe as well as pan-Regional R&D and global Technical Operations (Supply Chain). Our main point of contact with each of these is through a local Head of IT, who is accountable to the business for their IT operations.
We achieve success as a global IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
Purdue Pharma L.P.
For our teams based in the USA, the role holders will by employed by Purdue Pharma and based within the Purdue offices in Stamford, Connecticut or in North Carolina.
Founded in 1892 by Doctors John Purdue Gray and George Frederick Bingham as the Purdue Frederick Company, Purdue Pharma L.P. is one of the Companies in the network of IACs receiving IT services from Mundipharma IT Services. With a long tradition of excellence in the area of pain management, the company has approximately $2 billion in sales annually and employs over 1,700 people.
Purdue Pharma is a pioneer in research, products, and medications for alleviating pain, a principal cause of human suffering. The company’s mission is to advance medical care with quality pharmaceutical products in order to improve people’s lives in meaningful ways and meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. In addition to ground-breaking work in pain management, Purdue Pharma is also an industry leader in pain medication research and abuse-deterrent technology. In August 2016, Purdue Pharma became the newest member of the National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC), joining other industry leading research based pharmaceutical companies from across the US.
Now, in the changing landscape of healthcare, Purdue Pharma continues to strive for excellence by doing what is right and developing effective medicines that can change the world.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
- Writing specifications for interfaces, reports and dashboards
- Producing wireframes or other visualization prototypes
- Clearly defining requirements
- Mapping requirements / visualisations onto a catalogue of existing data
- Specifying new data sources
- Working with Business Partners to produce enhancement definitions
- Working with CSQA on validation determination
- Maintaining the data dictionary and understanding the business that relies on that data
- Helping to drive CSI within the team
- Assist in managing operations
Subject Matter Expert for
- Data modelling
- Data Visualisation
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
- Head of Business Intelligence
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineer – new technologies
- Business Partners
Candidate Profile Requirements
- You work for the success of the team
- You understand complicated problems the first time they are explained
- You form strong working relationships inside and outside of the team and build trust by demonstrating high performance
- You are interested in the business we are supporting not just the IT solutions we’re building
- Professional certification if necessary requirement (rather than preference)
- Right to work in the UK
- Current driving license in the UK
- Current passport and able to travel globally
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working on Business Intelligence or data-focused projects and an appreciation of the underlying technologies (ideally the Microsoft BI stack and Tableau)
- Working knowledge of an Entity Relationship Diagram, a Relational Model, a Dimensional Model etc.
- Good client-facing skills, the ability to quickly understand and clearly record a business requirement and communicate it to a technical specialist