Vacancy: Associate Desk Side Support Analyst
Mundipharma IT Services was formed on 1st January 2012 and provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The independent associated companies are a global network of private international businesses that have been owned by the Sackler family since 1952. Mundipharma IT Services is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables us to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for our people, whilst being dedicated to supporting our customers to make a difference to patient’s lives.
Mundipharma IT Services works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The global CIO is accountable for the IT delivery in all locations and our continued evolution into a one-team service.
Whilst the independent IT Company was only formed in 2012, a large number of our employees have previously worked in one of our Independent Associated Companies around the globe. This means that we have a culture that has been formed over years of having been part of a Pharmaceutical network of Companies whose aims are to improve patients’ lives. We have our core values and put as strong an importance in our recruitment and development processes on these values as on the technical competence we are also looking for to strengthen our team.
We support the Mundipharma network of Companies across four Regions: USA, Canada, LAM (Latin America, Asia Pacific and MENA) and Europe as well as pan-Regional R&D and global Technical Operations (Supply Chain). Our main point of contact with each of these is through a local Director of IT, who is accountable to the business for their IT operations.
We achieve success as a global IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to all customers.
- Understand and follow key processes:
- Incident Management
- Service Requests
- Service Level Management
- Manage incidents and service requests assigned to DSS.
- Participate as a priority in the recovery and restoration of systems as required by IT major incident management teams in the event of serious disruptions to critical services.
- Be proactive in identifying improvements that can be made to processes.
- Document knowledge and share this amongst the team.
- Provide support for visits to IACs offices, alongside DSS Support Analyst, or another MITS employee.
- Administer users, groups, permissions and computers within Active Directory.
- To receive and gather information relating to IT and telecommunications requirements for new company members, ensuring everything is set up ready for their first day.
- Telecommunications troubleshooting. Administration of extensions, installation of phones, both desk and wireless.
- Provide, maintain and assist with use of mobile email devices, both in head office and remotely.
- Supporting and maintaining audio visual and video conferencing equipment within meeting rooms and around site.
- Undertake housekeeping and maintenance of all operational, procedural and technical documentation.
- Assist with stock control process ensuring that minimum stock levels are maintained.
- Occasional project work.
- Early and late shift cover for Service Desk.
- Backfill for Service Desk team when required.
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
- DSS Team Leader
- Service Desk
- Offshore second and third line teams
- Local third line teams
- Service Delivery Manager
- Head of Client Services
- IT Project teams
Candidate Profile Requirements
- Right to work in the UK
- Current passport and able to travel globally if necessary
Skills and experience
- Experience of an IT support role, and in particular is able to demonstrate excellent customer service.
- The candidate must demonstrate good technical knowledge and have experience of supporting a Microsoft environment.
- The candidate will ideally have a related IT qualification, and ITIL Foundation.
- This role is for an individual with excellent communication, customer services, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills.
- Someone who is proactive and most importantly passionate about providing first class IT service.
- Individuals should have good attention to detail and take pride in their work