What is the purpose of this document?
This Privacy Notice explains how Mundipharma will process your information when you apply for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for.
Through our careers website https://jobs.mundipharma.com/, you may apply for a role at one of the following companies within the Mundipharma network:
Mundipharma International LimitedMundibiopharma Limited
Mundipharma Research Limited
Mundipharma International Technical Operations Limited
Mundipharma IT Services Limited
BARD Pharmaceuticals Limited
Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited
The company with whom you are applying for a role is the “data controller”. This means that company is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. Full company details are set out at the end of this Privacy Notice.
In this Privacy Notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” means the relevant company with whom you are applying for a role, and “you” and “your” are to candidates applying to work for us.
This Privacy Notice supplements and should be read together with the Careers Website Privacy Notice, which applies to all personal information collected through the Mundipharma careers website.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- collected only for lawful purposes that we have clearly explained to you, and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- accurate and kept up to date
- kept only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- kept securely
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- the information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter or on our application form, including name, title, address, personal email address, employment history, and qualifications
- the information you have provided to the recruitment agency or directly to us, including immigration status
- any information you provide to us through our website, or by email
- any information you provide to us during an interview
- your responses to assessments, including psychometric tests
- any information you provide to us through our surveys, sent out to measure and improve our hiring processes
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- information about your health, including any medical condition
- information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions
information about criminal convictions and offences
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- you, the candidate
- recruitment agencies
- your named referees or referrals
- background check providers
- credit reference agencies
- Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions
How we will use information about you?
Before we process your personal information, we need a legal basis for doing so. Our internal records document this legal basis. In general, we will process your personal information using one or more of the following legal bases:
- For legitimate business purposes: It is in our legitimate business interests to collect your personal information as part of your application. This information will enable us to decide whether to appoint you to relevant role.
- Where you have consented: We may seek your consent, which must be freely given, specific, information and unambiguous, to allow us to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes set out above. See the “Your Rights” section of this Privacy Notice for information about the rights you have if we process your information on the basis of your consent.
- To comply with our legal obligations: For example, it is a legal requirement that we collect certain “special categories” of more sensitive personal information.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role
- carry out background and reference checks, where applicable
- communicate with you about the recruitment process
- keep records related to our hiring processes
- understand and improve our hiring processes
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements
Having received your CV and covering letter or your application form and the results from the assessment(s) which you may be required to undertake, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we will then take up references and/or carry out a criminal record and/or carry out any other suitable check before confirming your appointment. If you accept the role, we may then send you surveys to gather your feedback on our recruitment process, so that we may measure and improve our processes.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to take your application further.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
We will use your sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
Information about criminal convictions
For certain roles, a criminal records check may be required in order to satisfy ourselves that there is nothing in your criminal convictions history which makes you unsuitable for the role. This will be the case in particular where the role requires a high degree of trust and integrity and so we would like to seek a basic disclosure of your criminal records history.
We will only collect and process information about your criminal convictions history (if any) if we would like to offer you a role (conditional on checks and any other conditions, such as references, being satisfactory).
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
- Cielo Talent Limited
Our recruitment process is managed by a third party, Cielo Talent Limited (“Cielo”). Cielo is a data processor and will process personal information collected through the recruitment process on our behalf.
- Other third parties
We may share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: any recruitment agency that referred you, assessment providers, relocation agencies, third party software providers who provide storage or other data management facilities and other companies within our network of independent associated companies, where relevant to the role. Please note that these third parties or their data storage equipment may be located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). However, any transfer of your personal information outside of the EEA is only permitted:
- where the transfer is to a place that is regarded by law as providing adequate protection for your personal information; or
- where we have put in place appropriate safeguards, for example, by using a contract for the transfer, which contains specific data protection provisions (you can request a copy of these contracts using the contact details below); or
- where you have consented to this, or there is another legal basis on which we are entitled to make the transfer.
All our third-party service providers and independent associated companies with whom your information is shared are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers whom act on our behalf to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. If you require more information regarding the measures we have in place with the third parties whom receive your personal data, please use the contact details below.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- in the event that we sell, buy, merge or reorganise any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective acquirer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by or merged with a third party, in which case personal information held by us may form part of the transferred or merged assets.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Transmissions via the internet
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will use reasonable commercial efforts to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted using the Internet. Anything you send by email or using the internet is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will secure your information in accordance with our security procedures and controls to try to prevent unauthorised access, alteration or loss.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of up to six (6) months after the conclusion of the recruitment process. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our Record Retention Policy.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you have provided consent for us to process your personal information, you have a right to withdraw your consent to future processing of your personal information with limited exceptions. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect any processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us in writing using the details below.
If you wish to make a complaint, we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you first. However, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the relevant company within the Mundipharma network with whom you are applying or have applied for a role. Contact details for each company can be found below.
Companies within the Mundipharma network
Roles advertised on this website may be with one of the following companies within the Mundipharma network of independent associated companies:
- Mundipharma International Limited (company number 02763367), whose registered office address is Unit 196, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0AB
If you have any questions about how Mundipharma International Limited handles your personal information, please contact: email@example.com
- Mundibiopharma Limited (company number 09273949), whose registered office address is Unit 196, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0AB
If you have any questions about how Mundibiopharma Limited handles your personal information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mundipharma Research Limited (company number 04608592), whose registered office address is Unit 194, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0AB
If you have any questions about how Mundipharma Research Limited handles your personal information, please contact: email@example.com
- Mundipharma Medical Company Limited (company number 09273950), whose registered office address is Unit 196, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0AB
If you have any questions about how Mundipharma Medical Company Limited handles your personal information, please contact: TechnicalOperationsHR@mundipharma-to.com
- Mundipharma International Technical Operations Limited (company number 10756530), whose registered office address is Unit 196, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0AB
If you have any questions about how Mundipharma Technical Operations Limited handles your personal information, please contact: TechnicalOperationsHR@mundipharma-to.com
- Mundipharma IT Services Limited (company number 07485493), whose registered office address is 9th Floor, New Zealand House 80 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4TQ
If you have any questions about how Mundipharma IT Services Limited handles your personal information, please contact our Head of Quality & Compliance, Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- BARD Pharmaceuticals Limited (company number 00987562), whose registered office address is Unit 191, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0AB
If you have any questions about how Bard Pharmaceuticals Limited handles your personal information, please contact: BardHumanResources@napp.co.uk
- Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited (company number 03690299), whose registered office address is Unit 196, Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0AB
If you have any questions about how Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited handles your personal information, please contact: Bill.Shepherd@napp.co.uk
Last updated: 7th May 2020