Vacancy: Head of Application Delivery
Mundipharma IT Services was formed on 1st January 2012 and provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The independent associated companies are a global network of private international businesses that have been owned by the Sackler family since 1952. Mundipharma IT Services is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables us to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for our people, whilst being dedicated to supporting our customers to make a difference to patient’s lives.
Mundipharma IT Services works in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within our network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia. The Global CIO is accountable for the IT delivery of all teams and our continued evolution into a one-team service.
Whilst the independent IT Company was only formed in 2012, a large number of our employees have previously worked in one of our Independent Associated Companies around the globe. This means that we have a culture that has been formed over years of having been part of a Pharmaceutical network of Companies whose aims are to improve patients’ lives. We have our core values and put as strong an importance in our recruitment and development processes on these values as on the technical competence we are also looking for to strengthen our team.
We support Purdue / Mundipharma businesses across four Regions: USA, Canada, LAM (Latin America, Asia Pacific and MENA) and Europe as well as pan-Regional R&D and global Technical Operations (Supply Chain). Our main point of contact with each of these is through a local Director of IT, who is accountable to the business for their IT operations.
We achieve success as a global IT team by being customer focused, value driven and business led. This requires us to work with our end user in mind, always ensure that our activities deliver value to the business in the form of improved and more efficient solutions and, because the value accrues in the business, we must prioritise in line with business needs.
With this geographical spread and the diversity of the businesses we support, effective team working across our IT team is critical in order for us to be successful.
Purdue Pharma L.P.
For our teams based in the USA, the role holders will by employed by Purdue Pharma and based within the Purdue offices in Stamford, Connecticut or in North Carolina.
Founded in 1892 by Doctors John Purdue Gray and George Frederick Bingham as the Purdue Frederick Company, Purdue Pharma L.P. is one of the Companies in the network of IACs receiving IT services from Mundipharma IT Services. With a long tradition of excellence in the area of pain management, the company has approximately $2 billion in sales annually and employs over 1,700 people.
Purdue Pharma is a pioneer in research, products, and medications for alleviating pain, a principal cause of human suffering. The company’s mission is to advance medical care with quality pharmaceutical products in order to improve people’s lives in meaningful ways and meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. In addition to ground-breaking work in pain management, Purdue Pharma is also an industry leader in pain medication research and abuse-deterrent technology. In August 2016, Purdue Pharma became the newest member of the National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC), joining other industry leading research based pharmaceutical companies from across the US.
Now, in the changing landscape of healthcare, Purdue Pharma continues to strive for excellence by doing what is right and developing effective medicines that can change the world.
Description of Responsibilities & Activities
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the health of the application portfolio
- Overall responsibility for the security and controls of the application portfolio
- Overall responsibility for overseeing the execution and performance of the applications team members and partner companies
- Develop and maintain the service catalogue for the applications and ensure that all services meet or exceed their target Service Level Agreements.
- Provide resources through both in-house and managed services to deliver required application services across time zones.
- Understand the business driver and strategic alignment of all work being request.
- Work with the business partner organization to triage and prioritize all small and mid-size requests.
- Work with the PMO and the leadership team to align delivery resources to the IT project portfolio.
- Ensure on-time, on-budget and on quality delivery of all work committed to by the applications team
- Ensure that application solution documentation is maintained according to good development practices, as well as requirements established by governing regulatory bodies.
- Deliver support, design and development services for validated systems in line with GxP.
- Track and report overall progress of the team’s deliveries. Provide on demand and periodic updates to the business partners for delivery related to their organization.
- Ensure time tracking adherence across the delivery team.
- Support the Portfolio Management team in relation to tracking progress and managing costs and risks
- Maintain a regular forecast of resource utilisation of the applications team so as to ensure ample capacity to support upcoming projects.
- Responsible for making sure that agreement is reached on the allocation of appropriate resources, people and money, in order to allow the overall portfolio to be a success and benefits realised
- Partner with other leaders in the application and functional areas to create teams to provide holistic business solutions that take advantage of new and established technologies.
- Responsible for line managing direct and in-direct reports which will include overseeing processes such as hiring, training, staff development, and performance management.
- Look for cost effective ways to educate the team members in the latest technology and concepts for their specific focus.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, regional and global third party suppliers of application development and maintenance services to augment the existing internal headcount and for managing the resultant relationships and resources.
- Work in partnership with the Head of Vendor Management to ensure value for money and quality of service from our third party providers
- Must be able to continuously assess the delivery model for services and projects to deliver higher services levels at lower overall cost to serve. Ensure ITIL processes are being followed by the team.
- Responsible for managing the functional budgets and working with internal procurement and legal advisors on commercial work
- Responsible for identifying and proposing cost plans in relation to potential future projects in partnership with the senior managers of other IT functions
- Monitor actual costs versus forecasts of resources to projects, making adjustments where necessary to ensure projects are delivered on time and in budget, while not compromising on agreed quality standards
- Manage teams in remote locations across a multitude of cultures.
- Deliver on other required duties as they emerge.
Candidate Profile Requirements
Key relationships in this role:
In order to be successful in any role in IT, being a strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical. In addition, there is a requirement to build and maintain strong working relationships with the following job holders:
- Business Partner Directors of IT Leads
- PMO Manager
- Head of Enterprise Architecture